Join the Philly Smith Club at Philabundance on Tuesday evening, March 18 for the opportunity to give back to our community by helping sort and pack food that will be distributed through a network of almost 500 food cupboards, emergency kitchens, and shelters.
Philabundance is the largest hunger relief organization in the region, working to meet the needs of the one million people people in the Delaware Valley who face hunger on a daily basis. Philabundance addresses hunger through direct service programs and a network of 500 member agencies, as well as contributes to a broad spectrum of social services through food cupboards, emergency kitchens, shelters, daycare and senior centers and beyond. If you’re interested in learning more about the problem of hunger in our region, check out the interactive Hunger 101 game that Philabundance has created.
RSVP required (see below). Volunteers must be 14 or older, and will need to wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable casual clothing (bring a jacket in case you end up working in one of the refrigerated areas).
When: Tuesday, March 18, 6:00-8:30
Where: Philabundance Hunger Relief Center, 3616 S. Galloway Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148 (near the sports stadiums, just a little further down Pattison Ave). There is parking available for Volunteers at the Hunger Relief Center. Please do not park in the Truck Parking only section. Note: Philabundance is located near a nut processing facility, so if you have nut allergies please be aware of the possibility of allergens in the air.
RSVP: Space is limited to 15. Please RSVP on the Philabundance website, following these instructions:
- Visit http://philabundance.volunteerhub.com.
- Click “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner and follow the steps as instructed.
- During this step, you will be asked to enter our group’s join code: 216992
- Once you return to the main page, scroll down until you find the date of our event (3/18).
- Click the “Sign Up” button to the left of the “Event Name.”
- You will receive a confirmation email with further instructions.